The hubby and I are taking our boys on their very first plane ride tomorrow! It’s nerve racking and exciting all at the same time. This will only be J’s third plane ride EVER, whereas I’ve been on a plane at least once a year since I was born. However this will be my first plane trip with young children in tow, so I’ve been mentally and emotionally preparing myself for any potential hiccups along the way.
I decided when we planned this trip to start thinking of ways to make the trip as smooth as flying in December can go (ha, I always seem to get delayed or stuck somewhere in the winter!)
Here is my checklist of kid-friendly items that you’re able to travel with (Our boys are 8 and 6 so we are bringing age appropriate items):
- Portable DVD players (one for each kid, because who wants to hear arguing over movie choices during a 2.5 hour plane ride, haha!)
- A plethora of DVD movie choices
- Age appropriate books (2-3 each)
- SNACKS!! I say this because I know that airport food costs and arm and a leg. TSA will allow you to bring packaged foods such as chips, cookies, etc.
- Stuffed animal (my boys are partial to their stuffed animals and will want to sleep with them)
- UNO cards – you really could choose any game that is easy to pack but I’ve always brought UNO on any trip we take. It’s a great game for whenever you have down time and need to entertain the little people.
I am letting each kid bring their own backpack with their respected items in tow. J and I are sitting in two rows, one of us with each kid so sharing everything in one carry on isn’t realistic.
Wish me good luck with our trip! Not only will this be a first time experience for me, but our boys will get to check off a lot of firsts on this vacation too! 🙂